Business Birmingham is the commercial division within Marketing Birmingham and has played a key role in enabling the city to become recognised as the 6th most investible city in Europe two years running, ahead of every other UK city.
Awarded the title of top-performing UK investment agency 2016 by specialist locations magazine, Site Selection, Business Birmingham provides award winning support and services to its clients by providing an understanding of their specific requirements; presenting bespoke solutions, services, and support; tailoring their suite of unique products to each company’s requirements; and providing long-standing after care.
All Business Birmingham’s support is designed to ensure every client is able to establish and grow their operations in the city effectively and with ease; that their company’s profile is maximised within the city and beyond; and that each client has the optimum opportunity for networking, introductions and business development.
Business Birmingham acts as a single point of contact for clients, bringing together a project team from relevant organisations across the city such as property agents, recruitment consultants, public agencies and universities to deliver a comprehensive package of support.
Business Birmingham’s bespoke support programme includes:
- Benchmarking against other potential investment destinations
- Information to support business case development for expansion
- Location & labour cost analysis
- Solutions to training & recruitment support
- Information on access to finance
- Showcase of the commercial real estate available and short listing
- Introductions to local support partners & programmes
- Introductions to R&D centres of excellence & academia
- Brokering introductions into the Greater Birmingham business community
- Tailored familiarisation visit programmes
- PR and Communications
- Investor development programme
Business Birmingham also looks after our Commercial Partners Programme, which brings together a network of leading professionals across Greater Birmingham, providing them with valuable introductions, profile opportunities, and high-quality research. To learn more, please visit our Partner Hub.
*PwC Jan 2015/16
Business Birmingham directly supported the creation of more than 5,500 jobs in the city region between January 2015 and December 2015, generating an economic impact of almost £250 million per year from new employment
Over 4,000 of these jobs were created by foreign investment
Tweets by @business_bham